Sunday 24 January 2010

Dawn over Hyde Park: please sponsor me



I had an amazing and magical experience this morning. Setting out at 0630 I ran 25 kilometres (15.5 miles) as part of my training for the Brighton Marathon which I am running for Cancer Research in April. One week ago today yet another person, a guy I used to work with and was close to called Ray, became yet another reason to do this. He was not yet 40.

Running from the Bush, down Uxbridge Road and then up to Holland Park, Lancaster Gate and into Hyde Park my route took me right into Green Park and to the gates of Buckingham Palace, and looping back past the Albert Hall and around again a few times before running back to the Bush. Among other things I saw the police excercising their fleet of horses on Hyde Park, more horses but this time with carts in and around the Palace and dawn breaking over the dome of the Albert Hall and gleaming off the Albert memorial gold.

A marathon is 41K so I'm still a way off but getting there slowly - and you can support me here. Many thanks for anything you are able to donate.

1 comment: