Thursday 6 January 2011

Sponsor me! Running for Jack Tizard School, Shepherd's Bush


Next to QPR is a school for disabled children, from 2-19, with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties. They're called Jack Tizard School and I'm going to run the Watford Half Marathon in exactly one month to try to raise some money for them.

They quietly do amazing things without causing much fuss, and the recent publicity they generated by the opening of their new hydrotherapy pool by Prime Minister David Cameron, whose son Ivan attended the school, was probably the first time many of us had ever heard of them.

They've been a part of Shepherd's Bush for years but rely on support from people like you to keep going. Having run to raise funds for Cancer Research last year, following the death of my cousin from breast cancer - and for which many of you kindly sponsored me- I've chosen to run for Jack Tizard this year, given the very special way in which they change childrens worlds here in Shepherd's Bush.

If you would like to support me, you can donate to the Big Splash Trust, who look after the School's donations.


Ways to donate

The easisest way is to donate with debit or credit card using Paypal here. I'm not using JustGiving this year because I found out they take 5% from each donation, which I thought was a bit much. But the school has agreed to keep a tally of donations and I'll feedback on how things are going. If you could let me know either by commenting below or emailing me on shepherdsbushblog@yahoo.co.uk that would be great. In fact it would be amazing. And in return I can promise photographic evidence of my sweaty training runs and ultimate triumph. That's the theory, anyway. Thank-you.

Or you can send a cheque payable to:

The Big Splash Trust
c/o Jack Tizard School
South Africa Rd
London W12 7PA

or BACS to:
Account name: The Big Splash Trust
Account number: 22001675
Sort code: 40-03-21
HSBC King Street Hammersmith

No comments:

Post a Comment