Saturday 3 July 2010

7,700 readers in June



It's been a while since I shared the stats of this blog, largely because I've been out of the country a fair amount and also I've been getting to grips with a much better statistics package that you get with blogspot, as opposed to Wordpress.

With these stats they tell you how many hits you had - so in June this blog had 10,026 but it also identifies how many unique users there were - in other words how many actual people read it. And that figure is 7,700 as you can see from the pic. (click on it to get a better view)

So there we are - thanks for sticking with the blog after I moved it's home to here and thanks also for the increasing number of stories I get sent from you. I couldn't cover half the things on here that I do without that, so that's what makes the site what it is.

I can't not observe that there are very real human stories behind these stats. June this year has been quite frankly one of the worst times I have ever witnessed in Shepherd's Bush. The murder of Jaabe Roberts in Askew Road, the stabbing at Westfield and a shooting on Goldhawk Road have been a wake up call to all of us of just how bad things can get in an inner city borough like ours. It's still one of the best places in the city to be - but my word do we have our problems.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great blog. Really useful to have an independent place where local issues can be discussed. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. many thanks much appreciated - chris

    ReplyDelete