Monday 3 May 2010

New Circle Line

Thanks to the excellent Going Underground blog we can now see the big picture - of what a combined new circle line plus overground is going to mean for the Bush and west London in general. Much better connected is the answer.

I remember before I moved to the Bush I had to travel there from Golders Green in North London. A journey that takes about 15 minutes on the north circular by car took over an hour because of having to travel right slap bang into Tottenham Ct Rd to change onto the central line.

On my travels I see orbital lines of various types on metro systems all over the world - and I suspect I won't be the only one who can't wait for us to get plugged in like this as soon as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Does no one remember the Broad street line that linked Hampstead and Gospel Oak and all the Lorth London Line etc to the City which was ripped up and the service shut only in 1986 and the station next to Liverpool Street given over to developers - hence Broad Gate! What goes around, comes around. How myopic was Beeching?

    ReplyDelete