I report this not because it happened in the Bush, because it didn't, but Brentford is not a million miles away and the suspects are in custody at police stations on our patch. It may well be that people who know something about this are very much local to us and could have information for police. Here are the facts as we know them:
- Police were called at 00.53hrs on Sunday 28 November by the ambulance service to reports of two men stabbed at the junction of New Road and Hamilton Road, Brentford.
- A 33 year old man had suffered multiple stab wounds to the abdomen, and a 31 year old man had suffered stab wounds to the back.
- The 33 year old was pronounced dead at the scene. Next of kin have been informed, but we await formal identification.
- A post-mortem will be held on Monday afternoon (29 November) at Fulham mortuary.
- The 31 year old was taken to St George's Hospital in Tooting where he was treated and discharged.
- An incident room has opened at Sutton under DI John McQuade (Homicide and Serious Crime Command). It is believed that the two friends were involved in an altercation with two other men during which they were stabbed. The other men made off - they are described as white and aged in their late 20s/early 30s.
"We need to speak to anyone who may have seen the incident or can shed any light on the circumstances."
At around 11.00hrs on Sunday 28 November two men [A - 32 ys; B - 27 ys] attended separate police stations in west London and were arrested on suspicion of murder. They remain in custody.Anyone with information is asked to call the Incident Room on 020-8721 4005; if you wish to remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.