Wednesday 14 October 2009

London Overground nightmare

overgroundInteresting journey to work today, which revealed much about how the general approach of Transport for London, to tell as little truth as possible, actually feeds down on to the front line.

I got to the station at 0910 and saw that the very delayed 0820something was actually going to arrive at 0912, lucky me I thought and sprinted across the bridge to the platform. I saw the dot matrix sign saying it was actually going to arrive in 3 minutes. 3 minutes counted down to 0. Then  it went back to 3 minutes. Counted down to zero. Then it went back to 3 minutes. Counted down to 0. Then it went back to 3 minutes. Get the picture?

Eventually I gave up and got the tube instead. I think what annoys me and other passengers the most is the way they lie to you. If it had said actually no, it will be at least another 15 minutes, I'd have been able to make an informed choice. But that's about putting the fare paying passengers first, and also making them liable for a customer charter refund. So they won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment