Wednesday 27 May 2009

Use your vote: European elections June 4th

[caption id="attachment_708" align="alignleft" width="226" caption="He hopes you won't vote"]He hopes you won't vote[/caption]

On June 4th it is election day for the European parliament. You will all have by now received information about this, mostly from the parties themselves. I voted a few days ago because I have a postal vote and I voted for the party I always do - I am a member of the Labour Party after all.

This isn't a posting trying to tell you how to vote though - just to vote at all. If you don't, maybe because you want to 'send a message' about some of the seedy underbelly we've seen exposed in recent weeks - then you may very well wake up to find fascists and racists elected instead. It's happenned already with the election of one BNP member to the Greater London Authority.

When the BNP's membership list was published there were in fact a few addresses with W12 postcodes - believe me they are really hoping you dont vote at all. Prove them wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Chris.
    You have reminded why I need to get down to the voting booth tomorrow morning. I'll cast my Anyone-But-The-BNP-vote.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete