You want competitions? They got:
- dog fancy dress / most obedient dog / dog that looks most like it’s owner.
- Make the best / weirdest looking animal out of vegetables.
- And for the domestic gods / goddesses among us: bake some cookies or cake and go for the best in show prize
There will be the chance to join in some sports: handball, ultimate Frisbee, Futsal, climbing wall and archery.
Interested in history?
They're also looking for old photos of the park or local area for history archives.
Fancy a bit of music?
They will have the following amazing line up on the day:
- West London Community Choir
- CSI Steel Band
- A jazz duo (I'm not sure what they're called but they're members of the Friends group)
- Susan Black (Edith Piaf impersonator)
- Kitsch in Sync (another local choir)
- And an Olde Cockney sing-along with Pearly King & Queen of Bow Bells & City of London
There will be two raffles - one with a range of prizes and the other a special raffle to win a pair of 'W12 Club' Hospitality Tickets (worth £450) for the QPR v Aston Villa match on Sunday 25 September
If you're interested in the Friends group - they currently have 171 members. There is an elected committee of seven. They've been going since April this year and their aims are to:
- secure a permanent resource/area for the Friends Group within the park
- increase the biodiversity of nature and wildlife within the park
- become a strong body for good within the Wormholt area
- improve the opinion of the park by local residents
- see greater use of the park by local residents
- minimise behaviour disrespectful to the park
- increase the love and usage of the park.
If that doesn't get you along then, seriously, there is something wrong. It's when I see people quietly putting this sort of effort in to the local area, completely without recognition or thanks, that I realise what is so great about the Bush. Come along and see if you can be persuaded too.